McCall's 6503

I wasn't sure about this dress until I saw some of the photos posted by other home sewers in the blogosphere. The pattern reviews were mixed, but I decided to give it a shot. I used a lightweight denim chambray and made view B. It fit me quite well right out of the envelope. I found that the weight of the chambray made the gathers under the bust a little funny so I made two darts instead to match up with the pleats on the skirt. It turned out just right.
I wish I had lined the skirt with something nice and slippery. It catches and bunches when I try and wear it with tights. I guess my next project should be a new half slip.