McCall's 6512

I picked 5 patterns to blog about tonight and 3 of them happen to be McCall's. They've got some cute stuff out right now. I especially love the Palmer/Pletsch and Melissa Watson patterns. They've got better instructions and fitting tips than most of the commercial patterns.

I've been trying to make some tops and blouses that I can wear to work. I'm generally a t-shirt and knits kind of girl and that can be hard to dress up sometimes.

This top was a little different than what I usually am drawn to.

I generally like set sleeves, not raglan or other variations of the raglan. This sleeve is unique and I'm not sure about it yet.

I used a cotton voile for this pattern. It's such a lovely fabric. It's fairly soft, but I think that for this pattern a more drapey fabric would be most appropriate. The fabric I used has a bit of crispness to it and it doesn't lay quite the way I think it should for this design.

I've been having trouble with buttonholes lately. So I decided to try the snapsetter from Snap Source for this project. Wow! I love that little tool. I used snaps before just to avoid the buttonholes and now I'm going to use snaps all the time. They go in so slick!

Labels: