Liesl + Co Woodland Stroll Cape

This year I started trying out a few indie patterns. I'm a sucker for the $1 pattern sales at Joann, but some of the indie patterns are just so appealing.

My latest was the Liesl + Co Woodland Stroll Cape. I was attracted to it ever since I saw it and then when Pattern Review announced a contest I had no excuse.

It's a really unique design and a breeze to put together. It doesn't take much fabric either. I ordered a piece of plaid wool but it hasn't arrived yet and I had this cute blue and grey floral brocade in my stash. This is a great stash buster because of it takes so little fabric. I even used a navy lining I had in my stash so I get double points for stash busting on this project.

I have yet to master selfies, or whatever you want to call them. I think Santa will be putting a wireless shutter release in my stocking this year. So until then I will have to just post photos on the hanger. Be warned, it's 100% cuter on than it is on the hanger.

My measurements were just on the verge of the size small (4-6). I probably would have made a medium, but with the obvious amount of ease in the pattern I thought a small would work. For reference, I'm a 34" bust, 28" waist, and 39" hip. I decided the hip measurement didn't matter much since it hits at the high hip and doesn't have any restriction there. In any case, here she is:
Yesterday I wore her with a long sleeve grey t-shirt and the Hot Italian said it was cute. I figure he has pretty good taste.

Labels: , , ,