Making Plans

I was inspired by Carolyn's post on Crazy 8 Wardrobe Planning. This is exactly what I need since I've rediscovered my love for apparel sewing.

I'm not quite ready for Goodbye Valentino's ready to wear fast, but I think I might be up for a Me-Made May challenge. Now that I've worked through a few pants fitting issues I should be able to get a few pairs made that I could wear to work by May.

I need to make 8 items:
My color scheme will be charcoal grey and teal, but I might shop my stash and see if any colors speak to me.

The Jacket - undecided, maybe Sewaholic Cordova
The Cardigan - view A or B of McCall's 6844, I already have a grey version of view C
The Tops/Blouse - A Sewaholic Alma Blouse with collar and 3/4 sleeves, this one is cute
Two more tops, still undecided. One with a button front and one in knit.
The Pants - Burda 7447. My first try was pretty good, but had a baggy crotch and I abandoned them.
The Skirt - I don't really need a grey skirt, so maybe I'll make a teal one. I'd like to try Simplicity 1541.
The Dress - I need a good sheath dress that is work appropriate. Most of my dresses are not really sleek and professional. New Look has a hundred sheath patterns and I'm sure I have more than one in my stash.

The other part of my plan is to only buy fabrics for the above items - a fabric fast so to speak. I will use as many fabrics from my stash as possible.

Right now I'm doing some holiday sewing so it's all hush hush, but come January I'll be back to building my wardrobe!

Labels: ,