Holiday Sewing

It's a bit of a sore spot for the Hot Italian, but I am a selfish seamstress. I prefer sewing for myself 99.9% of the time. Second to myself, I prefer simple sewing projects for children. Third, simple home décor projects. Fourth, other handmade type gifts. And DEAD LAST, anything the Hot Italian thinks I should make for him.

In any case, December was a tough month for me because I committed to only do holiday sewing and no selfish sewing.

I finished our tree skirt. Well, I did most of it. My lovely mother offered to bind the edges for me. I made the pooch a Christmas stocking and made a table runner for my sister-in-law.

I do love giving handmade gifts. I love being able to give someone something that they couldn't just buy themselves. I almost got a gift card, but I spent the evening on this Pinterest-inspired runner.

Labels: , ,