The Best Wife for a Day

The Hot Italian can't stop talking about my chicken pot pie. I waited 18 months to pull this trick out of my hat.

The "secret recipe" is one I learned my mom make hundreds of time growing up but never tried myself until recently.

Because I'm nice, I'll share my secret with you. The crust recipe is from a little local pie shop called The Pie Pantry.

Pie Crust Dough
This recipe will make 6, 8-inch pies
Mix flour, shortening (or shortening and softened coconut oil) with fingers until it resembles a crumb mixture. Add water. Do not overmix the dough or it will become tough. Do not reuse "cuttings" from rolled out crust - it won't be as light and flaky.

Bake all pies on the lowest rack of the oven.

Bake pies at 375 degrees for 1 hour until pie shakes loose. Give frozen pies an extra 10 minutes. Bake shells at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Personal Pot Pie...yum

Chicken Filling
In 2 quarts water, cook
Add chicken and thicken with about 1 cup flour and water. Bake in double crust.

Labels: , ,