Handmade Holidays - Christmas Stockings


Little D needed a stocking to match the ones I made a couple years back for the Hot Italian and I. I wanted to use a different piecing pattern than what I used for the first two. Equilateral triangles seemed like a fun idea. I found this tutorial for the triangles. I made my strips 3" wide and used cream, red, and green scraps from my stash. I decided to make two stockings because two seemed just as easy as one and now I have one in the collection for the next time a little one joins our family. This year Uncle Steven will use it because he's spending the night Christmas Eve. The stocking template is from Amy Butlers free Christmas Stocking Pattern.

I used fusible fleece for the batting. I pieced a big rectangle of triangles, attached the fleece, and did the quilting with my walking foot on my machine before cutting out the stocking shapes. The backs of all my stockings are not pieced.

The top is finished with a 1/4" binding.

I'm pretty happy with all the stockings. Can you tell which one belongs to the pooch? Our dog sure is spoiled.

Labels: , , ,